Just in awe.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Can't even come close to describing how the Lord has been working in me lately. It's just so great to see what He is doing in my life and how His loves covers the depths of my life. It's seriously amazing. I don't have the best writing ability at all, but I just wanted to keep kind of an online journal of how the Lord is impacting my life in Lexington when I never thought He would. Here's a little rewind into my life:

I went to Dixie Heights all through high school. Through being a part of Young Life and going to Rockbridge for summer camp the summer after my freshman year, I made the greatest decision I have ever made - to respond to Christ's offer and surrender my heart and soul to Him.

Summer Camp at Rockbridge 2009.
Since then, it's been a crazy, yet awesome journey. He has brought me closer and closer to Him these past 3 and a half years and I cannot fathom how.


On September 8th, 2012, I lost my mother. She was the greatest influence of love in my life. She had been having heart problems since April 2011 and being in and out of the hospital in between. Yes, it definitely is hard going into your first semester of your freshman year of college (already stressed and scared from the start) with your mom passing away the second week of school. It was a very tough thing to deal with, but the Lord carried me without growing weak.


Mom and I at a Christmas party in 2011. My last Christmas with her.

Now, I am still at the University of Kentucky as a Spanish major just trying to grow each and every day with the Lord by my side and teaching me to trust in Him with every decision and move I make.

I am currently in training down here to be a Young Life leader, which is really humbling me and making me desire the Lord more and more. It's awesome. I get placed on February 15th. Wow, I am really excited. It's just crazy to think that a year ago at this time, I was just deciding I wanted to go to UK. When I visited UK, I hated it. I almost went to Louisville (brb, crying inside)!! But being down here in Lexington, I am slowly but surely realizing that this is where the Lord wants me to be. I am challenged here and that is what I needed. I am beginning to have a heart for Lexington. Gosh, that is crazy. I just can't wait to see how the Lord will use me in students' lives either at a middle school or a high school. But for now, I have an awesome, encouraging community that I can fall back on that I am SO thankful for. Each and every one of them are so great.


First UK football game with my new Lexington friends.

As I finish my lengthy, but first, blog post, I would like to pray for this blog and what I hope to accomplish with it...

Lord, open my eyes to new things. Open give me Your arms to every student that I will come in contact with once I am placed. I just pray for a big heart that desires more of You, Lord, and to be more like You, Lord. Father, I pray that this blog isn't used for pointless things that I use to avoid homework. I pray that it is used to bring You and only You glory. I pray that it allows me to reflect on how You're changing my life, Lord. No matter how prone I am to wander, Father, I pray that I am reminded that You are the same forever and Your love is never ending. I pray "I fall so deeply in love with Your name, Jesus, that I forget my own", Lord. Lord, thank You for the cross and reminding me of Your love and that I have something better to look forward to as hope everyday. Thank You for the Cross, Father. It's in Your Name I pray.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Awh, Lauren! Thanks so much! Love and miss you tons! :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world sweet girl! Can't wait to watch & read as you grow in our wonderful Lexington YL community and how you truly impact your sweet school, whichever it may be, for the Lord :) Excited to have you for a roommate next year, Casey! I'm excited for you and wonderful things the Lord can open your eyes to by sharing your life and your walk with Him with others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassie, you are the sweetest! Thank you so much! Cannot wait to be roommates next year either! You have such a big heart! :) Thanks again!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful [crying]! I am so inspired by your words. You've grown so much the last couple of years. I pray that my relationship with the Lord frows in maturity like yours has.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful [crying]! I am so inspired by your words. You've grown so much the last couple of years. I pray that my relationship with the Lord frows in maturity like yours has.

    ReplyDelete