Give me faith to trust what You say.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Man, second blog. The pressure's starting. Hahaha, just kidding. The past two days just have been full of God's love, though. I don't know how, but I have been full of joy. Seriously like pure joy. It's ridiculous!! It's all the little things that I keep noticing. I feel like so many times, it's so easy to see how the Lord works in our lives through huge miracles and sparing a person's life and things to that nature. It's things like that when everyone sees God's handiwork. But what about through prayers of "little" things. The past to days, I have literally gone to bed super late and I simply prayed for the Lord to refresh my soul and to live in happiness in His presence for the day. I hate days where I feel like a complete slob and I complain about literally everything. I just feel like complete crap and not like I am representing Jesus well when I have days when I'm in a bad mood. But Tuesday was seriously such a beautiful day. The weather, the sunshine, the things I was doing, the coffee (gosh I love my coffee), and just everything seemed great. I was supposed to go to Henry Clay High School's club that night too, so I was super excited. My day was going great. I was able to dive into scripture during work, which really makes my day sooooo much better. I am currently reading John for bible study and I just read John 13 and 14 in a way I have never read it before. Just realizing how humble Jesus was in these chapters and how he knew all along what His death was going to come down to. It shows how the Lord comforted his disciples and all of His promises for us. It was perfect for what I am struggling with right now. I am just nervous, yet excited, about leading and what the Lord has in store for my future with it. I just constantly think about students not liking me and how hard it will be, but I was slapped in the face by scripture...
"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these because I am going to the Father." - John 14:12.
 
What an awesome reminder!!! It is so great being reminded that the Lord came down from Heaven - yes, HEAVEN - to save us because we have turned from Him, but yet allows us to do His work?! He gives us the opportunity of a lifetime and lets US be a part of this when He can do it alllllll by Himself. Wow!! He reassures me that I will do great things if I have faith in Him. Gosh, what a motivation!

On Saturday night, a handful of people from College Life went to a night of worship put on by some CSF (Christian Student Fellowship) students (which was absolutely amazing). While we were there, a guy named Pastor Tim was there to pray with people. At first, I will say, I was a little freaked out by this whole shabang, but I decided to have Pastor Tim pray for me. I went with my friend Brittany and everything that came out of that man's mouth was purely the Holy Spirit speaking through him.... it was crazy!! He prayed for self-doubt for me, which seriously hit home. It was exactly what I needed. He said that I would impact so many people while I was in college and that I wouldn't be discouraged.

To say the least, I was utterly amazed afterwards. He hit the nail on the head. No, the Holy Spirit hit the nail on the head. I have been so afraid lately of what lies ahead of me. But I was reassured! Just looking at what I've been reading lately and how it has been applying to my life is eye-opening. It's awesome seeing that if we have faith in the Lord, He will have faith in us to work alongside Him. He believes in me when I don't even believe in myself. He demonstrates being bold and defending my faith. He shows us how to love wholeheartedly, which I what I hope to show some of my girls in the future. I just can't wait to lead and trusting completely on the Lord to provide and protect me. It's just good for the soul.

By ending, I want to share my most recent favorite worship song that we've been singing at leadership and College Life. It's just been super relative and it explains the cry of my heart right now. Please listen! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8PLBQrzWQ8&noredirect=1

I think from now on I'm going to end with a prayer because it just ends these things perfectly.

Father God, let your glory reach every nation. Let it be known the grace and redemption of your love, Lord. I thank You so much for the past couple of days that I have felt Your presence and I have been just completely filled with joy. Lord, I pray that I am constantly reminded of You and Your faith in me. When the world says no, You say go. I am so excited to a follower of the King by being a leader of the disinterested. I pray for a leap of faith into the unknown and you grace my lips with love for my future conversations with these students. I pray that I can continue to see how You have been shaping my life and growing me to love you more. Thank you for putting in a heart of flesh that was made to love You and taking out my heart of stone that rejected you. I pray that when given the opportunity, I choose to let you into my life. Break my heart for what breaks yours. It's in Your Name I pray.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment