a prayer for finals

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Father,

This upcoming week is going to be a mess and a whirlwind of craziness. I pray that we are able to see you through this time. I pray that you nourish our bodies with healthy food, little yet sufficient amounts of caffeine, and enough sleep. Lord, I pray we use this week to be obedient to You. You have called us higher. Finals week is crazy, but I pray we are able to remember that no matter what grade we get on that test, no matter how tired we are, no matter how much we'd rather be hanging out with friends, that we remember that You will always satisfy. You are bigger and better than all these things. I pray the results of these grades don't tear us down, but we can remember You are sovereign and that You are what really matters. I pray we manage our time wisely and we use the time we have to study and to be well-prepared for our upcoming exams. I pray for a different mindset and that that mindset would be to glorify you through this preparation and these exams. I pray we realize that these exams matter and we are preparing for our career in the future that is going to glorify you. Father, make us completely dependent on You this week. You are good. You are faithful. You are greater. Let us push on and persevere to achieving great things that we think are not possible. Show us Your grace, O God. Use this week to show us how great You are. Draw us near.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment